Thursday, December 10, 2009
Final Impressions
This has been one of the busiest semesters of my life. I had so much to do this semester that some of my classes ended up taking the back seat, and not get as much attention as I would want to put in. This Colloquium class, unfortunately, was one of those classes. The class was not exactly what I expected, all the writings I had to do for this class could have made me not even pay attention to the materials being taught. If you have a full time job, and are a full time student, then this class is not one you should throw in your busy schedule. Regardless of how I feel about writing essays, I truly believe the contents of the class were very educative and useful. If I were to change anything, it would probably be the materials, some of them were extremely boring, and definitely not something you would want to do if you are just sitting in your living room on a Saturday morning. The group projects were not too intersting, I did them because I had to. I would definitely keep the field trips, I think they are great opportunities for the students to bond with each other. I would reduce the quantity of the writing assignments that students have to do. People, by nature, hate writing assignments; I would replace them with more in-class assignments. I liked part of the University Colloquium Reader, and A Land Remembered. The State of The World was definitely a waste of my money, I bought the book just for a couple of chapters; since I was not really interested in what the presentstions given by the other students. The meal that we had in class was a wonderful idea, it kind of gave us an idea of what other students eat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment