Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Canoe Trip

Not bad for the second time that I actually went canoeing! I guess I'm a fast learner. The mangrove estuary was something that as Floridians, we should be very proud to have. The entire time I was looking for something out of the ordinary to happen, an intruder, but nothing happened. LOL. I really took the trip seriously, the whole time I tried to stay as close as I could so I would not miss any part of the lecture. I think we really took time to bond with each other, it really gave us a sense of place, a sense of belonging. The fact that the mangroves help protect coastal areas is very important to the land. They prevent the area from floods, and also provide great habitats for fish and other animals. The estuary constitutes a great asset to the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment